Shop like a professional personal shopper by avoiding these 5 common shopping mistakes. You’ll save money while avoiding that closet full of clothes but nothing to wear feeling.
- Buying something you don’t have anything to pair with at home – If you don’t already own something to wear it with skip it because it will end up just sitting in your closet. Another option is to buy a complete outfit on the spot.
- Buying the same thing over and over – I see this a lot, a closet full the same thing in the same style, cut or color. One way this can be avoided is by shopping in a variety of different stores or departments don’t head for the same spot every time.
- Buying the wrong cut or color – Just because you like something doesn’t mean it will necessarily work for you. Remember to choose what your purchase based on how good it actually looks on you as well as whether or not it appeals to you visually.
- Buying on impulse – This usually never works. If you know you’re just feeling the rush of shopping and simply buying on impulse instead of need, skip it or put it on hold. Once that rush has passed you’ll usually realize it’s not a smart buy and feel good about not having wasted the money.
- Buying in quantity while skimping on quality – Just because the price looks right doesn’t mean the piece is right. It’s better to have a closet with less items of good quality then a ton of items of lesser quality. It’s okay to buy lower quality items sometimes, but there is a method to selecting which items to spend less on and how to pair them so no one else is the wiser.