One of the many benefits of working with a personal stylist is having a shopping expert at your fingertips who’s always on top of where to find the right pieces at the best prices. Unfortunately not everyone has access to a stylist all of the time, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on scoring awesome deals.
That’s where Hukkster.com comes in. Hukkster takes away the frustration of weeding through an inbox flooded with sales alerts or the buyer’s remorse that comes with splurging on that must have item just to find out a week later its on sale for 50% off.
The name may sound a little crazy, but the simple concept behind Hukkster.com is genius. If you’re shopping online and see something you want, but the price isn’t quite right you can Hukk the item (using your Hukk button bookmarked in your browser) and specify the price you’re willing to pay. If it later reaches that price via markdowns, coupons or other discounts, Huckster notifies you via e-mail or text. Once you’ve hukk’d an item, Hukkster also saves the product information so you can view, organize into lists and share it at any time.
Kim Kardashian has been spotted out and about wearing a cute pair of cage booties by Christian Louboutin, YSL. While hers cost a whopping $500 you can get a look-a-like pair from the Prabel Gurung for Target collection at a much more reasonable price of $39.99.
Shop the Prabal Gurung Lace Up Pump at Target here.
Oxfords are so men’s wear chic and my personal favorite shoe of the moment. They can be found in just about any color or texture and can be worn with almost anything. If head to toe tomboy chic isn’t your cup of tea create some contrast like Taylor Swift by pairing masculine oxfords with a girlie dress and tights.
Get the look here.
Relaxed and slouchy is the new skinny, in denim that is. I’ve seen this look on everyone from Katy Holmes and Jennifer Aniston to flamboyantly fashion forward Gwen Stefani. Slouchy denim aka boyfriend jeans are versatile, comfy and most of all a much needed alternative to the seen-everywhere-these-days skinny jean. My favorite way to wear them is with a wide leather belt and fitted or clingy top.
The wider the pant and the lower the cuff the shorter your legs will appear. If you’re on the short side you can give the illusion of a longer leg line by cuffing well above the ankles and pairing your slouchy jeans with a high wedge or heel in nude.
Get the look Joe’s Jeans Slouchy High Water Jeans $165, Shopbop
The classic biker jacket is a closet must have and the perfect layering piece for Fall. Whether it’s embellished, studded, vibrantly hued, cropped or just your classic vintage cut I believe every woman should own one. They’re totally versatile too you can rock a head to toe bad girl look, give a classic ensemble a bit of edge or create contrast with a tough-pretty look by layering one over a feminine dress. Here are a few ideas to get your creative styling wheels turning.
Images via WhoWhatWear, Carolines Mode
In this age of
voyeurism reality TV, blogs and social media we’ve found yet another way to gain access into other people’s intimate lives. Blogs like Closet Visit give us an inside look into the closets of creative, stylish and successful women with wardrobes anyone would envy and are becoming more and more popular. It’s a great source of style inspiration for our own closets and lets us satisfy the voyeuristic curiosity so many of us have…don’t worry we won’t tell.
See more here.
When it comes to looking great in a suit it’s all about the fit. For a change of pace nix the tie and go with a pocket square instead.
Michael Kors Spring 2013 collection was full of geometric shapes, cut-outs, bold color and sporty stripes, which was an ode to the 60′s and 90′s minimalism. My favorites are the minimalist looks, very clean, simple and chic. What do you think of his latest collection?
See more from the collection here
Nicole Richie shed her signature boho chic look for a sultry skin baring Anthony Vaccarello dress from the designer’s Spring 2012 collection and Costume National shoes to present an award at this year’s 9th Annual Style Awards.
This daring dress could have easily turned into a trashy fashion faux pas, but the elegant clutch, clean makeup and sleek top knot kept the look stylish and sexy. It’s all in how you style it ladies. She werked it!
Shop like a professional personal shopper by avoiding these 5 common shopping mistakes. You’ll save money while avoiding that closet full of clothes but nothing to wear feeling.
- Buying something you don’t have anything to pair with at home – If you don’t already own something to wear it with skip it because it will end up just sitting in your closet. Another option is to buy a complete outfit on the spot.
- Buying the same thing over and over – I see this a lot, a closet full the same thing in the same style, cut or color. One way this can be avoided is by shopping in a variety of different stores or departments don’t head for the same spot every time.
- Buying the wrong cut or color – Just because you like something doesn’t mean it will necessarily work for you. Remember to choose what your purchase based on how good it actually looks on you as well as whether or not it appeals to you visually.
- Buying on impulse – This usually never works. If you know you’re just feeling the rush of shopping and simply buying on impulse instead of need, skip it or put it on hold. Once that rush has passed you’ll usually realize it’s not a smart buy and feel good about not having wasted the money.
- Buying in quantity while skimping on quality – Just because the price looks right doesn’t mean the piece is right. It’s better to have a closet with less items of good quality then a ton of items of lesser quality. It’s okay to buy lower quality items sometimes, but there is a method to selecting which items to spend less on and how to pair them so no one else is the wiser.